Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Sweet Surrender Progress

 The pieced triangles for Sweet Surrender are all pieced and trimmed! The applique blocks have also been trimmed along with the half triangles. Now I just need to start sewing the bias edges.



I started appliqueing the blocks two years ago in January 2016 and finished them in June 2016. I don't know why I procrastinated on piecing the triangles for so long but, now they're finished! 

I get comments and emails asking where they can get the Sweet Surrender pattern. The only place I know to purchase the pattern is Material Obsession in Australia but Nanette has a Sweet Surrender pattern that she has listed for sale on her last post. Contact her about the price. Update - Nanette's Sweet Surrender pattern has been sold but still has other patterns available.

The flowers are not made with regular hexagons, they're made with a Hexden shape. I got my EPP papers from Paper Pieces.

Linking to Esther's Wednesday WOW!, Jo's Junction, Sew Fresh QuiltsMy Quilt Infatuation, Finished Or Not Friday, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, TGIFF!, Finish It Up Friday, Show Off Saturday

11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a cute pattern and will be pretty when you get it all put together, I know I have seen several working on this over the years

Puppilalla said...

That looks like a lot of work with all the tiny applique and piecing. Congratulations to the progress. I am looking forward to reading along with the further development of the quilt.

Lorna McMahon said...

These blocks are strikingly beautiful! I am excited to see how they will look when pieced together. So worthy of finishing! Happy Valentine's Day to you, Gretchen!

SandraC said...

I still need to begin mine....maybe that will be a project for later this year!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Gretchen,
Those appliquéd blocks are just beautiful. They will look fabulous with the triangle blocks. I cannot wait to see you put a period on this quilt top, and see it all together. ~smile~ Roseanne

Quilting Nonnie said...

That quilt is going to be a show-stopper! I was immediately drawn to the diamond blocks. That red is such a great color to set off the quilt. I don't much like appliqueing, but I love looking at it! Yours is gorgeous and the EPP is beautiful. I'll look forward to seeing it put all together!

Nancy said...

This will be a beautiful quilt! I love the delicate flowers and the slightly bolder triangles, especially with the row of red triangles across the top.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Such lovely blocks.

Lisa in Port Hope said...

Wow, this is going to be incredible. Thanks for joining in at TGIFF.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love your appliqued blocks, this quilt is going to be beautiful!

Unknown said...

Did you ever post a picture of your completed quilt. With all those triangles on the bias, I was wondering how they went together.